Community Inititative Mental & Physical Health Scholarship Program (CIMPS)
The Community Initiative Mental & Physical Health Scholarship (CIMPS) program is a rehabilitated program for morbid obese minority women ages 18-65. The program primary concerns with weight loss, remediation of impairments and disabilities and the promotion of mobility, functional ability, quality of life and movement potential through physical intervention. CIMPS was formed in 2012 under the umbrella of Health & Fitness 4 Minority Women Inc. (HF4MW) non-profit 501(3) c organization.
CIMPS is dedicated to improving the quality of life of minority and underserved women affected by chronic health conditions such as obesity and high risk weight issues due to family traits and socio-economic environmental conditions.”
- Implement educational resources that enforce physical/mental health awareness among minority women within rural communities.
- To provide self enhancement programs that will help minority women to increase motivation, strengthen confidence and raise self-esteem.
- To help decrease health disparities such as obesity, heart disease, hypertension, cholesterol, and other physical health distractions.
- To develop specific physical fitness and nutrition programs to improve upon minority women quality of life.
- To help minority women to improve their self-images, handle life stressors.
- To enhance good nutritional habits, improve diversity, develop specific skills, as well as become familiar with various health issues and how to live a healthier lifestyle.
The overall basis of our strong physical& Mental Health foundation works on the disciplines of helping minority women to fight against various health disparities.
What CIMPS Scholarship Offers:
CIMPS scholarship offer morbid obese minority women a free three month physiotherapy and weight management program that includes:
· In-home rehabilitation, ROM, physical exercise, health education, and nutrition consultation and weight loss program.
· The Mental health portion of the program implements mental health counseling to ensure mental balance associated with weight loss behavior, abilities to move and perform activities in their daily lives.
CIPMHS Program Qualifications:
- Low-income Morbid Obese Minority Woman ages 18-65
- Weight of 400 plus pounds with some type of chronic health condition (HBP, Diabetes, obesity ECT…)
- Income $500 – 1300 monthly per individual/one person per household
- Live within the bay area
- Ability to be mobile AND/or willing
CIMPS Program Requirements:
Copy of Medical Condition Records
Signed Medical Clearance primary physician
Provide in-home spacing for treatment
A one-hour physical assessment.
7-day Nutritional/fluid assessment
Must complete a 90-day weight management program
Participate in a 3 months to 1 year 2-3 days a week physical fitness regiment, depending on physical health circumstances
Become a Partner!
Become a Sponsor!
Become a Community Advocate!
for Minority Women Physical and Mental Health
$10,000 Platinum membership
Provides collaborative partnership, quarterly newsletters, an opportunity to share in all upcoming events and media advertisement as a valued sponsor and free workshops seminars, acknowledgement on program learning materials and company name in meeting and promotional materials.
$5,000 Gold membership
Provides partnership, quarterly newsletter, (8) health educational and Mental Workshops/Seminars and media advertisement. Free booth space or table to showcase products or services and signage recognizing contribution and event.
$2,500 Silver membership
Provides partnership, media advertisement and access to (5) free health educational and mental workshops. Free booth space or table to showcase products or services.
$1,500 Bronze membership
Provides sponsorship recognition and free booth space or table to showcase products or services.
$1,000 Participated membership
Provides sponsorship recognition.
IN YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE CONTACT US @ 510-820-3744 OR FILL OUT THE FORM BELOW AND WE WILL GET BACK WITH YOU ASAP.